10 August 2011

Fuck Your Dreams, This Is Heaven soundtrack featuring: Niki Mono plus members of Minimal Compact & Tuxedomoon


This is the original soundtrack from a video-film by Wonder Product, and a film which I have yet to see but was a must when I saw the contents. The soundtrack is filled with covers of Syd Barrett, The Yardbirds, Velvet Underground, Jefferson Airplane and Patti Smith, all done by members of Minimal Compact, Tuxedomoon and the very underrated Niki Mono. They manage to dissect these classics, drain them and turned these songs into strange and beautiful corpses. It may not be the best material from Tuxedomoon or Minimal Compact, but it's certainly quite fascinating just the same and possibly one of the best soundtracks I have heard in years. It's a must for fans of Minimal Compact and Tuxedomoon.


Fuck Your Dreams This Is Heaven original Soundtrack (1986)
Minimal Compact - Still I'm Sad
Niki Mono & Nikolas Klau - Flaming
Peter Principle - No Man's Land
Niki Mono & Minimal Compact - Marathon
Minimal Compact - Late Night
Nikolas Klau, Steven Brown, Peter Principle - Venus in Furs
Niki Mono & Berry Sakharof - Dancing Barefoot
Steven Brown - Coming Back To Me
Bruce Geduldig & Peter Principle - Ocean

7 comments:

  1. Wow, fucking good soundtrack! I loved the No man´s Land cover here. Now I´m looking for the film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any idea where this could be watched? I've been listening to the soundtrack on repeat and now that I know there are visuals to it I MUST see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MEDIAFIRE QUASHED THIS. WOULD YOU BE EVER SO BURDENED AS TO RE-POST?

    THANKING YOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Circusmoo..Just checked now , the link still seems to be working. Try it out again, if you still are having problems contact me at the email address I provided at the top of the page and I can send you the link.
    cheers spg

    @ KYMM ... Unfortunately this is a film I have never been able to locate anywhere and have been looking for it for some time as well. If I ever find it ..I'll upload it and or link it to here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an excellent album - thanks for bringing it to public attention! Love the Yardbirds cover - Minimal Compact really extends the gothic monk chanting hinted at in the original to its awesome extreme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A friend who DJed at a college radio station in the late 80's played a cover of a Syd Barrett song for me one time and it struck me as so odd -- odd because it sounded more like light opera than a rock song. I have remembered that one playing of it for the last 25 years, and finally wanted to hear it again enough to do a web search. Thanks for posting this so I can hear "Late Night" by Minimal Compact (finally I know the name of the artists!) once again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Link again, please ?...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin?